Donate to UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
To commemorate the power of inclusion for the World Refugee Day on 20 June, the 14th Charity Refugee Film Festival is going to be held between 07 June and 06 July 2021. There are four featured films this year, including “The Cave“, “We Are Not Princesses“ and “UNSETTLED : Seeking Refuge in America“. The exclusive film “Beyond the Ranging Sea” will be available from 19 June 2021.
The goal of this year's Refugee Film Festival is to raise HK$200,000, which is enough for providing primary healthcare services to 2,000 refugees in low-resource setting six days per week, supporting 24/7 emergency services in camps through nurses and ambulances to ensure referral of urgent cases, especially under the pandemic.
1. All the four films provide traditional Chinese subtitles. For those with narration(s) other than English, there are also English subtitles.
2. The screening platform is limited to Hong Kong SAR and Macao SAR.
3. Each online donation is eligible for redeeming one online "Movie Pass", only.
4. The details of the online movie screening platform and the complimentary “Movie Pass” will be announced on the Festival website in the first week of June 2021. Supporters who have donated via designated pages will receive email notifications.
5. Special screenings will be arranged in cinema in late June. Please stay tuned to our latest updates on the Festival website.
6. Should you wish to donate and watch your favourite movies instead of claiming this “Movie Pass”, please click here to select the film.
Get a Movie Pass with a donation of HK$350 or above
Upon the form submission, you will be directed to a secure server hosted by WorldPay, which processes online donations on our behalf.
For monthly donation, the first debit will be processed instantly and the future payments will normally be processed on the 15th of each month. As a regular donor, monthly support will help UNHCR save lives by delivering life saving support wherever and whenever it’s needed most.
For one-time donation, it will support UNHCR work where refugees and internally displaced people are in need.
Transaction fee may be applied by a few credit card-issuing banks. For details, please contact your card-issuing bank.
Online donations cannot be cancelled or refunded once they are processed. You can make a tax-deductible donation and get an official donation receipt for this purpose. Our tax exemption file number is 91/6713.