Winter 2021 - Hope
For refugees and displaced families forced to flee their home, this winter threatens to be harsher than ever.
They will have to face winter struggling to keep their families warm in tents or improvised shelters.
UNHCR is on the ground working day and night to distribute life saving supplies to the most vulnerable families forced to flee. But we cannot continue this work without your help.
Donate today to help make a difference.
· Monthly of HKD 100 can provide a tent insulation kit to a displaced family in Afghanistan, thus help prevent heat loss and help survival through periods of cold.
· Monthly of HKD 210 can provide blankets to 10 families affected by the displacement crisis in Afghanistan.
· Monthly of HKD 280 is enough to provide an emergency shelter kit (including a family tent and 2 plastic tarpaulins) to a displaced family, thus preserving their dignity and strengthening their safety.
· Monthly of HKD 360 is enough to provide cash assistance to 2 displaced families and help them to procure much needed fuel for heating and winter clothes to keep them warm during harsh winter months.
· Monthly of HKD 430 could provide a refugee family - already receiving monthly multi-purpose or food assistance - with a one-off cash assistance for five months ($55/month for five months) in Lebanon.
How would you like to donate?
Your money helps UNHCR provide protection, shelter and other forms of assistance, and advocacy on behalf of displaced and stateless people every year. We ensure that as many funds as possible are redirected to refugees, stateless persons and asylum-seekers. 85 per cent of all funds raised go directly to field operations. 7 per cent is allocated for global programmes, helping refugees, internally displaced people, asylum seekers and stateless people under the UNHCR mandate around the world, and 8 per cent is for headquarters administration. UNHCR staff work as closely as possible with and for people forced to flee, with 90 per cent of our workforce based in field locations. For further details on UNHCR's budget, read our Global Report.
UNHCR – The UN Refugee agency : The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve their problems worldwide. On the following year on July 28th, the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, the legal foundation of helping refugees and the basic statute guiding UNHCR’s work, was adopted.
The primary purpose of UNHCR is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country. The agency also has a mandate to help stateless people.
In an effort to protect refugees and to promote solutions to their problems, UNHCR seeks to reduce situations of forced displacement by encouraging states and other institutions to create conditions which are conducive to the protection of human rights and the peaceful resolution of disputes. UNHCR works in partnership with governments, regional organizations, international and non-governmental organizations to achieve these objectives.
Upon the form submission, you will be directed to a secure server hosted by WorldPay, which processes online donations on our behalf.
The transaction fee may be applied by a few credit card-issuing banks. For details, please contact your card-issuing bank.
Online donations cannot be cancelled or refunded once they are processed. You can make a tax-deductible donation and get an official donation receipt for this purpose. Our tax exemption file number is 91/6713.